We are hiring!
Range Masters (RM) are people who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
The RM is responsible for the overall supervision and maintenance of the range. Daily duties are but are not limited to:
- Providing oral safety briefing, inspecting firearms and ammunition for incoming range users.
- Assisting range users with firearm and range equipment malfunction.
- Observing range users and enforcing safety and range use rules.
- Repairing and replacing various range equipment such as, restringing target lanes, replacing worn out target hangers, etc.
- Ensuring a clean and safe range environment by policing up trash and loose brass, emptying range trash cans, etc.
- Provide basic first aid such as small cuts, minor burns, etc.
- Combat small fires with the use of a fire extinguisher.
- Complete written incident reports.
- Work well with others within a team and report any issues to the General Manager or Shift Manager.
Qualification and Skills
National Rifle Association Range Safe Officer Course is recommended but not required. Sharpshooters Indoor Range & Pro Shop conducts its own training. However, we expect and prefer employees and candidates to have strong working knowledge of firearm safety, gun laws and customer service-related background. Current, prior, or retired Military and/or Law Enforcement friendly.
Team Members are responsible for ensuring the safety of co-staff and customers within the facility and providing a superior customer service experience.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist customers with purchases and rentals that may be required for range use.
- Coordinate with Range Masters for customers and range time.
- Provide basic security/loss prevention services for the business.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of any issues or irregularities to the manager on duty.
- Facilitate firearm transactions.
- Ensure cleanliness of the showroom, restroom, and back office.
- Assume Range Master duties when necessary.
Qualifications & Skills
- 1+ year experiences in retail/sales
- Advance knowledge of firearms is essential.
- Able to work well with others.
- Firm understanding of providing a full customer service experience.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Associate Instructors should have both experience with firearms and teaching others as well as a desire to teach others.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide clear instruction based on provided curriculum.
- Obtain and maintain personal and professional credentials.
- Ensure a safe and clean training and learning environment.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to Director of Training.
- Coordinate with the range and shop for training needs and support.
Qualifications and Skills The National Rifle Association Pistol Instructor or VA DCJS Firearms Instructors are preferred but not required. Associate Instructors must have a strong and demonstrated background in handling firearms and showing others how to shoot and operate on a public range safely.