Range Masters (RM) are people who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
The RM is responsible for the overall supervision and maintenance of the range. Daily duties are but are not limited to:
- Providing oral safety briefing, inspecting firearms and ammunition for incoming range users.
- Assisting range users with firearm and range equipment malfunction.
- Observing range users and enforcing safety and range use rules.
- Repairing and replacing various range equipment such as, restringing target lanes, replacing worn out target hangers, etc.
- Ensuring a clean and safe range environment by policing up trash and loose brass, emptying range trash cans, etc.
- Provide basic first aid such as small cuts, minor burns, etc.
- Combat small fires with the use of a fire extinguisher.
- Complete written incident reports.
- Work well with others within a team and report any issues to the General Manager or Shift Manager.
Qualification and Skills
National Rifle Association Range Safe Officer Course is recommended but not required. Sharpshooters Indoor Range & Pro Shop conducts its own training. However, we expect and prefer employees and candidates to have strong working knowledge of firearm safety, gun laws and customer service-related background. Current, prior, or retired Military and/or Law Enforcement friendly.